Get the homeowners insurance in Midlothian and Bon Air you need.

Coverage Designed for You

Whether you own a home or condo, rent, or even list your house for short-term rentals via Airbnb, we have a policy that’s right for you. At BlueSky Insurance Agency, our team takes the time to get to know you, the type of home you have and your specific needs. As one of Virginia’s leading independent insurance agencies we have access to a network of insurers to get you the best possible tailored coverage available at competitive pricing.


Our experienced BlueSky team will help determine the amount of coverage you need to protect both your dwelling and personal property. We recommend having replacement cost coverage for your property so that in the event of a fire or other type of covered loss, you can rebuild at today’s costs. If you have any valuables like expensive jewelry, heirlooms or fine art, we need to know so we can help you insure them properly. We’ll discuss how much liability coverage you need to protect your assets should someone get injured at your home, and talk to you about the need for umbrella insurance to help extend your liability limits at a reasonable cost. If you have a high-value home we have specialized markets that will address your unique risks and exposures.


Renting out your home could be a moneymaker, but it’s important to ensure that it’s properly covered. Standard homeowners policies don’t automatically cover home sharing and, although a company like Airbnb, offers liability coverage it may not be enough. Plus, filing a claim with Airbnb can end up being complicated. Depending on how often you rent out your house, there are insurance companies with which we work that offer an endorsement to cover property damage and liability exposures. If, however, you’re renting your home on a regular basis to generate income, you may need to purchase business insurance. The BlueSky team is available to discuss your options in more detail.


While your condo association has a master insurance policy that covers the common areas of your building and property, it’s limited when it comes to your unit. You can expect the condo association to insure the entire condo structure down to the walls—and maybe even the ceilings and installed appliances—of your unit. Beyond that, insurance is your responsibility. A condo insurance policy will both insure your property from the unit’s walls inward and cover your liability for claims of bodily injury or property damage. It will insure your personal belongings as well, and pay for alternative living arrangements if your unit is uninhabitable after a covered loss. Some insurers also offer coverage for your financial responsibility in a loss-assessment against unit holders if the condo association is found liable for a claim that exceeds its limits of insurance.


You don’t have to live in a high-risk flood zone to become the victim of flooding. According to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), about 30% of properties damaged by floodwaters are not in high-risk zones. At BlueSky, we can provide you with flood insurance that covers direct physical damage to your property up to $250,000. We can also provide you coverage for your personal belongings up to $100,000. Additionally, we have markets that provide excess flood insurance policies for more coverage.


If you rent out your home and have tenants, you need landlord insurance to cover the dwelling and other structures and personal property used to service the property (like a lawnmower or other equipment). The liability portion of the policy will help pay for a person’s medical bills or your legal expenses if someone else is injured on your rental property and you’re found responsible. Loss of rental income is also available if your property is damaged in a covered peril, such as a fire, and you’re unable to rent out the house.

Mobile Home

Your mobile home may be your permanent residence, a vacation home, or a rental property. In any of these cases, BlueSky can help you insure it. Mobile home insurance can cover your structure, its contents, and exterior structures, such as sheds and garages, if they are damaged by an insured cause of loss, such as explosion, fire, vandalism, and other hazards. You can also get help with living expenses while your property is being made habitable after a loss. The liability portion of the policy will protect you if you are alleged to be responsible for injuries to someone who doesn’t live with you or damage to their property.


Many renters unfortunately don’t think about renters insurance. They either think they don’t need it or that their landlord’s policy will cover their property loss. But a landlord’s policy will only cover the building, not your personal property in the event of a fire or theft, for example. If someone gets injured in your home while visiting and you’re found responsible, you won’t have any coverage either. With renter’s insurance you will have coverage for your personal belongings (television, clothing, furniture) and for your liability responsibility if someone is injured in your home. You’ll also be covered if there is a fire and you need to move out temporarily while the building is being repaired. You get all this coverage for a very low cost.

Vacant Property

Perhaps you own a property and are between tenants, or you’ve moved and have yet to sell your house, or your house is undergoing renovations and you’re living elsewhere – in any of these cases your property is vacant and requires specialized coverage. That’s because a standard homeowners policy excludes coverage for vacant properties. We can help you get a policy to cover your property against fire, lighting, wind, hail, explosion, and other hazards. These types of policies are written for a set period of time, like 3, 6 or 12 months.