Home Insurance

Coverage Designed for You

Home Insurance

Whether you own or rent we have a policy that’s right for you. As one of Virginia’s leading independent insurance agencies we have access to a network of insurers to get you the best possible tailored coverage available at competitive pricing.
We can determine the amount of coverage you need to protect both your dwelling and personal property.
We recommend having replacement cost coverage for your property, in the event of a fire or other type of covered loss, you can rebuild it at today’s costs. We’ll discuss how much liability coverage you need to protect your assets.

                   Coverage for injuries at your home.

                   Extra coverage with umbrella insurance to help extend your liability limits at a reasonable cost.

                   High-value home? We have specialized markets that will address your unique risks and exposures.


                   Types of properties we cover:


                           Mobile Home


                           Vacant Properties

The landlord’s policy will only cover the building, not your personal property in the event of a fire or theft, for example. Renter insurance covers your personal items and incidents that occur in your home.


                   Theft Coverage

                   Injury and Liability Coverage

                   Fire Coverage

                   Personal Belongings (television, clothing, furniture) and

Speaking of landlords, if you rent out your home and have tenants, you need landlord insurance to cover the dwelling and other structures and personal property used to service the property (like a lawnmower or other equipment).
The liability portion of the policy will help pay for a person’s medical bills or your legal expenses if someone else is injured on your rental property and you’re found responsible. Loss of rental income is also available if your property is damaged in a covered peril, such as a fire, and you’re unable to rent out the house.
You don’t have to live in a high-risk flood zone to become the victim of flooding. According to the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), about 30% of properties damaged by floodwaters are not in high-risk zones. At BlueSky, we can provide you with flood insurance that covers direct physical damage to your property up to $250,000. We can also provide you with coverage for your personal belongings up to $100,000. Additionally, we have markets that provide excess flood insurance policies for more coverage.